Volunteer Day of VegFest
Help us out on the big day! Duties could be anything between helping people at the entrance, to giving vendors assistance. We need dedicated volunteers to make the entire day run smooth from start to finish!
All shifts are 3.5 hours or less so that you will still be able to enjoy half the festival as a guest. PLUS we are introducing our new Volunteer Appreciation Program, where lunch at the festival from one of the vendors will be on us upon completion of your shift!
Also please head to our Volunteer Communication Facebook group, add yourself and check it regularly leading up to the day of the event.
Volunteer Meals To Choose From
- 5 perogies w/ caramelized onion, coconut sour cream, chive, dill, carrot slaw, and drink
- 1 of 4 Turmeric Bowls and Turmeric Iced Drink
Community Natural Foods
- 1 Salad (raw taco salad or kale salad), 1 12oz. cup of TruBuch Raspberry Lemonade Kombucha and 1 bag of Kuna Pops (3 flavours to choose from)
- 5 Energy Balls and a Snickers Bar
- Pad Thai or Yogi Bowl
- Any meal plus a drink and dessert
Baked from the heart
- 4 pack of cupcakes
- BBQ Pulled Porkless Burger with fries and a coconut water OR Taco Salad with a coconut water OR Cheeze "Steak" Sandwich with fries
Very Good Butchers
- Plate of Rybs with 2 sides
- CLT Sandwich and choice of mango lassi or mint-rose lemonade
Vegan Street Inc.
- Any burger with rainbow fries and aioli
Volunteer Positions Include:
If you are energetic and love to talk to people, this job is for you! Greeters will stand at the main entrance and back entrances and greet attendees as they walks through the entrances. They will also give information on the door prizes and donations.
This shift consists of setting up tents, tables, chairs, and picnic tables along with lending an extra hand to vendors. We may also ask that you run to staples to pick up a last minute item or run another errand!
This shift consists of taking down tents, tables, chairs, and picnic tables along with lending an extra hand to vendors, and doing a final clean sweep of the park.
Info Booth / Volunteer Check-In
If you are an organized individual with good communication skills, we need you at our info booth! You will help people donate, help with book sales, help with volunteers checking in, and most importantly, help people find things.
If you are first aid certified we will have you helping out at the volunteer/info tent. You do not need to bring your own first aid supplies, but if you do have them, please bring them and leave them in your car as a backup. We do plan to have our own first aid kits at the event. You will also be alert in case of an emergency, however our goal is to NOT use you.
This is a pretty relaxing role. For the majority of your shift, you will essentially be in pairs, patrolling the grounds. However, in case of an emergency (lost child), you will need to spring into action!
Whatever tasks are asked of you! May include line control, watching vendor booths temporarily, etc. Basically be open to anything to help!